McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is searching for a talented, driven candidate to be our internal marketing specialist. While we have other marketing experts on the McKinley team focused on helping our clients achieve their marketing and communication goals, this individual will be our internal-facing marketing talent. Our marketing specialist will enjoy significant room for creativity, growth and independence as they work with internal stakeholders to achieve our marketing goals. If you are a self-starter searching for an opportunity to expand your knowledge and maximize your chances to collaborate and drive positive change, we want to hear from you!
About the position:
As the marketing specialist, you will be responsible for implementing McKinley’s marketing strategy to ensure that our marketing initiatives are aligned with sales objectives. While overseeing multi-channel campaigns, inbound and outbound marketing, vendor relationships and more, you will actively work with internal stakeholders to ensure that the firm is positioned properly in the marketplace.
These responsibilities include:
- Managing all marketing activities for the firm to include cross-channel promotion, collateral development and industry event support
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns related to the release of industry studies, blog content and general awareness-building among prospects and clients
- Managing outsourced designers to produce collateral and other design elements for campaign fulfillment
- Coordinating, implementing and measuring lead generation campaigns in our sales and marketing platform, Hubspot®
- Website maintenance: publishing blog posts, maintaining staff pages, refreshing content to align with business strategy, implementing and supporting SEO strategy, etc.
- Managing an outsourced web developer
- Data/list management in partnership with McKinley’s Business Development team
- Overall responsibility for implementation of brand management
- Implementing an asset management tool
- Overseeing refreshed collateral
- Ensuring staff have a clear understanding of the brand
- Monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing communications to internal stakeholders
- Coordinating the company’s marketing budget
- Special projects in the first 18 months to include establishing and centralizing foundational marketing practices to support business development, the planning and launch of Hubspot (Q3/Q4), testing digital ads, developing a video strategy, and selecting an asset management tool
You are marketing-savvy – You’re very familiar with current marketing channels and trends, and stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest. You’re not afraid to push the envelope and have experience implementing and monitoring various tactics and approaches to achieve success.
You’re a well-rounded communicator – You possess excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal; and have an ability to listen effectively and respond to varying team and stakeholder needs.
You’re ready to take charge – You consistently exhibit high levels of professionalism, proactive behavior and integrity in decision making. You’re collaborative and comfortable driving initiatives forward.
You have it together – You’re seasoned in project management, with superior organizational and time management skills. You pay attention to detail and have the ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- At least three years of tactical marketing experience managing multiple multi-channel campaigns
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress and Hubspot, or similar platforms
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Strong creative outlook
If this sounds like you, there’s just more one question — are you looking for an incredible opportunity to join an organization where our team’s core values are to be honest, curious, human, connected and driven, and where your contributions are valued, appreciated and celebrated? (Okay, two more questions).
At McKinley, we celebrate our staff, their ideas and their individuality. We are a place where diverse, talented people come together and achieve their best work for our clients and each other. Not to mention, McKinley offers excellent benefits and a progressive work environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. Above all, the McKinley team takes pride in supporting one another and celebrating successes together.
Instructions for applicants: Email your resume, salary history and a cover letter that briefly describes your qualifications relative to the requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Specialist” in the subject line and address the type of work you enjoy most and what interests you about this position in your cover letter.