McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is searching for a talented, driven candidate with an interest in marketing tactics, metrics and project management to join our team as a Marketing Associate. You will be working on multiple long-term client projects, offering exposure to the diverse marketing and communications challenges our association clients face and ensuring every day is dynamic and varied. In addition to your core responsibility of managing the logistics, planning and scheduling of our marketing projects, you will be part of an experienced team responsible for providing tactical support and delivering marketing and communications strategies that empower associations to succeed. This role provides opportunities to build your skills in tactical planning and execution, marketing strategy, creative management and copywriting as well as offers significant room for advancement.
Key Factors for Success Include:
- Project Management – Superior organizational and time management skills; attention to detail; ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Client Service – Team-focused mentality; service-oriented approach; ability to adapt to the changing nature of our work.
- Communication – Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to listen effectively and respond to varying team and client needs.
- Marketing – Familiar with current marketing channels and trends and experience implementing and monitoring various tactics and approaches.
- Leadership – Exhibit high levels of professionalism, proactive behavior and integrity in decision making.
Day to Day Activities Include:
- Utilizing project management tools to manage and track the logistics, planning and scheduling of project elements for several long-term McKinley clients to ensure projects are completed as outlined within proposed timeframes.
- Communicating regular project updates to internal teams and external clients through face-to-face meetings, conference calls and emails.
- Copywriting and proofreading of emails, social media content, ad copy, print pieces and other deliverables as needed.
- Drafting tactical plans for implementation.
- Analyzing email metrics, website analytics and social media efforts, and preparing dashboards and other reports to track results for McKinley Advisors and our clients.
- Contributing to team brainstorms with creative, out-of-the-box ideas for marketing strategy, segmentation, copywriting and testing.
- Coordinating approval, design and production processes (print and electronic) for projects, while demonstrating flexibility to clients’ varying needs.
- Developing weekly and monthly impact reports for distribution to clients.
- Preparing call agendas and summaries to share directly with clients.
- Drafting creative briefs to accompany campaign concepts.
- Working in collaboration with the team to market McKinley Advisors’ services to the association market, as time allows.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing or a similar field.
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably at an agency or in a similar setting – may include relevant internships.
- Excellent organizational skills and superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility toward the changing nature of work.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong customer service orientation, professional demeanor and cooperative spirit.
- Familiarity with associations and proven client service experience is a plus.
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to join an organization where the core values include respect, curiosity, integrity, responsibility and teamwork? Where your contributions are valued, appreciated and celebrated? At McKinley, we celebrate our staff, their ideas and their individuality. We are a place where diverse, talented people come together and achieve their best work for our clients and each other. McKinley offers excellent benefits and a progressive work environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work.
Instructions for Applicants:
Email your resume, salary history and a cover letter that briefly describes your qualifications relative to the requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Associate” in the subject line and address the type of work you enjoy most and what interests you about this position in your cover letter.