McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is searching for a self-starter interested in managing complex, fast-paced projects to join our team as a project associate. In this role, you will be staffed on multiple client projects at a time, offering exposure to the diverse challenges our association clients face and ensuring every day is dynamic and varied. In addition to your core focus of managing the logistics, planning and scheduling of consulting projects, you will be part of an experienced team responsible for delivering strategy, research and solutions that empower associations to succeed. This opportunity within our growing firm – now in its 25th year – provides significant room for advancement.
Key Areas for Success
- Project Management – Superior organizational and time management skills; attention to detail; ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Client Service – Team-focused mentality; service-oriented approach; ability to adapt to the changing nature of our work.
- Communication – Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to listen effectively and respond to varying team and client needs.
- Strategic Thinking – Strong problem-solving skills; interest in exploring new ideas and methods; motivated by developing solutions.
- Leadership – Exhibit high levels of professionalism, self-awareness and integrity in decision making.
- Resourcefulness – Demonstrate proactive behavior and takes initiative to solve problems; thrive in an environment with significant individual responsibility and autonomy.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Develop, oversee and meet project timelines.
- Serve as the primary liaison between various internal staff teams and external clients to provide regular communications and project updates.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with clients to develop and maintain relationships.
- Schedule and prepare for meetings, calls and in-person sessions with client staff and volunteer leaders.
- Review and analyze client materials and project documents to summarize findings.
- Schedule and support qualitative research efforts, including conducting interviews as needed.
- Draft, proofread and review client deliverables, including meeting agendas, research guides and summaries, white papers and recommendations, facilitation decks and other client materials as necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 – 3 years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, communications or similar field).
- Excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Availability for occasional business travel.
- Knowledge of associations a plus.
At McKinley, we celebrate our staff, their ideas and their individuality. We bring together diverse, talented people to do their best work for our clients and each other. McKinley also offers excellent benefits and a progressive work environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. Above all, our team takes pride in supporting one another and celebrating successes together.
Our core values include:
- Human – Put people above everything else. Celebrate and support individuality.
- Honest – Lead with integrity. Act with conviction.
- Connected – Work together as a team. Take care of each other.
- Driven – Approach every day with intention. Show initiative.
- Curious – Embrace learning. Never settle.
Instructions for Applicants
If this sounds like the right fit for you, email your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter that briefly describes your qualifications relative to the requirements listed above to email@example.com. Please include “project associate” in the subject line and what interests you about this position in your cover letter.