Salary: $25 per hour.
Instructions for applicants: Email your resume and examples of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, has an immediate need for qualitative interviewers. Qualitative interviewers are independent contractors who are able to work, on average, 10 hours per week. McKinley implements a wide variety of project types including marketing research, marketing strategy, communications, branding, pricing, program and product development, market intelligence and analytics, strategic planning, and organizational development. The final product of McKinley qualitative research projects includes an analysis and summary, 5-8 pages in length, with detailed notes of interviews conducted to gather data.
To achieve the final product, the qualitative interviewer is responsible for:
- Implementing the planning and scheduling of interview projects
- Conducting telephone interviews with clients’ members (mostly during business hours)
- Providing transcriptions of interviews and bullets on key findings
- Summarizing and analyzing overall themes and audience-specific findings
- Communicating with internal team to provide regular updates on progress of interviews, noticeable key themes, and timelines
In order to deliver a successful product, the qualitative interviewer should have the following:
- Previous qualitative research experience
- Superior verbal communication and listening skills
- Flexible approach to the changing nature of work
- Familiarity with trade/professional associations or societies
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information into written reports
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Deadline driven and very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams
- Professional demeanor and cooperative spirit
- Ability to work offsite while proactively communicating with other project staff
Most work will be done virtually but there are times when meetings may take place in our DC office and candidates must have the flexibility to attend these occasional in-office meetings. As such, candidates located in the Maryland, Northern Virginia, and DC Metro area are preferred. In addition, most interviews take place during the day and candidates must have the flexibility to conduct interviews during normal business hours.
In order to apply for this independent, contracted role, email resume and examples of previous work to email@example.com. Please include “Qualitative Interviewer Position” in the subject line.
For more information on McKinley Advisors, visit mckinley-advisors.com.