McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is searching for a self-starter interested in contributing to the success of McKinley’s research team as a research associate. Do you love data? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, rewarding environment effectively managing multiple projects and balancing competing timelines? If so, this may be the position for you. You will join an experienced team responsible for delivering strategy, research and solutions that empower associations to succeed. This opportunity within our growing firm provides significant room for advancement.
About the Position
As the research associate, you will provide research and project management support for survey and opinion research (through surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews, benchmarking and data analytics) including research design, implementation and analysis. The position requires strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, outstanding writing and communication skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, excellent analytical abilities and strength in managing multiple priorities.
Key Factors for Success
- Leadership – Exhibiting high levels of professionalism, proactive behavior, diligence and integrity.
- Strategic Thinking – Excellent ability to envision the outcomes and end results of your work and align them with client needs.
- Judgment – Sound decision-making abilities; an understanding of when to work independently versus seeking out expertise, advice and direction from colleagues; ability to develop and maintain a relationship of trust with internal and external clients.
- Communication – Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to listen effectively and respond to varying team and client needs.
- Detail-Oriented – High capacity to focus on project specifics and details; excellent proofreading.
- Client Service – Team-focused mentality; service-oriented approach; ability to adapt to the changing nature of our work.
- Project Management – Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Provide day-to-day support for McKinley’s research projects.
- Collaborate with project leads to understand research needs.
- Participate in client meetings to assist project team in developing research approach.
- Coordinate and implement various stages of the research process, specifically relating to surveys, telephone interviews, focus groups, data analytics and benchmarking.
- Design, program, proof and administer electronic surveys.
- Formulate data requests to the client, communicating as necessary to resolve questions and ensure project team receives data necessary to meet project objectives.
- Prepare data for statistical analysis and reporting.
- Analyze data through various crosstabs and filters to understand key themes.
- Conduct analyses using multiple types of data (surveys, data analytics, qualitative data) and create reports with key findings, charts and tables summarizing results.
- Provide qualitative research support, including logistical planning of phone interviews and focus groups, and occasionally conducting telephone interviews.
- Contribute to project deliverables by synthesizing key findings and analysis.
- Assist with writing, proofreading, formatting and other requests as needed.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the association industry and topical areas such as membership and marketing.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of survey research or data analysis experience a plus
- Familiarity with web-based survey software systems a plus
- Knowledge of statistical software programs such as SPSS or Marketsight a plus
Are you looking for an incredible opportunity to join an organization where your contributions are valued, appreciated and celebrated? At McKinley, we empower our staff, their ideas, and their individuality and pride ourselves on bringing together diverse, talented people to achieve their best work. Does your work ethic align with our core values?
- Human – Put people above everything else. Celebrate and support individuality.
- Honest – Lead with integrity. Act with conviction.
- Connected – Work together as a team. Take care of each other.
- Driven – Approach every day with intention. Show initiative.
- Curious – Embrace learning. Never settle.
In addition to being a progressive work environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work, McKinley also offers excellent benefits.
Instructions for Applicants
Email your resume, salary history and cover letter that briefly describes your qualifications relative to the requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Research Associate” in the subject line and address the type of work you enjoy most and what interests you about this position in your cover letter.