McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is searching for a self-starter interested in contributing to the success of McKinley’s research team as a senior research manager. If you love analyzing data and thrive in a fast-paced, rewarding environment effectively managing multiple projects and balancing competing timelines, this may be the position for you. As the senior research manager, you will join an experienced team responsible for delivering strategy, research and solutions that empower associations to succeed. This opportunity within our growing firm – now in its 25th year – provides significant room for advancement.
The senior research manager supports and oversees survey research and data analytics engagements, including project leadership, research design, implementation and analysis, and presentation of results. The position requires strong leadership skills, quantitative and qualitative research knowledge and expertise, outstanding writing and communication skills, the ability to work independently and with a team, and strength in managing multiple priorities.
Key Areas for Success
- Leadership: Exhibit high levels of professionalism, proactive behavior, diligence and integrity, sound judgment, and the ability and willingness to effectively manage staff.
- Research Knowledge: Advanced knowledge of survey research and/or data analytics, including a strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative research design and analysis, data quality and reporting of research results.
- Detail-Oriented: High capacity to focus on project specifics and details; excellent proofreading skills.
- Communication: Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to listen effectively and respond to varying team and client needs.
- Client Service: Team-focused mentality; service-oriented approach; ability to adapt to the changing nature of our work; ability to develop and maintain relationship of trust with internal and external clients.
- Project Management: Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Serving as the lead researcher on team-based consulting engagements as well as the project lead on research-based projects.
- Providing research support for all phases of research including design, fielding/data collection, analysis and reporting, and a broad set of methods such as surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews, data analytics and more.
- Collaborating with project teams to determine an appropriate research strategy based on identified client needs.
- Consistently producing quality project deliverables and providing input on the direction, format, tone, and content of deliverables.
- Supporting the research department by managing other staff, managing research processes, and developing or improving processes, guides and policies to improve research operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus).
- Five or more years of marketing research or survey research experience.
- Familiarity with web-based survey software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information into written reports.
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities, and analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of statistical software programs such as Marketsight a plus.
At McKinley, we celebrate our staff, their ideas and their individuality. We bring together diverse, talented people to do their best work for our clients and each other. McKinley also offers excellent benefits and a progressive work environment that rewards creative thinking and hard work. Above all, our team takes pride in supporting one another and celebrating successes together.
Our core values include:
- Human – Put people above everything else. Celebrate and support individuality.
- Honest – Lead with integrity. Act with conviction.
- Connected – Work together as a team. Take care of each other.
- Driven – Approach every day with intention. Show initiative.
- Curious – Embrace learning. Never settle.
Instructions for Applicants
Email your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter that briefly describes your qualifications relative to the requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “senior research manager” in the subject line and address the type of work you enjoy most and what interests you about this position in your cover letter.